Friday, July 9, 2010

Rocks into Sand

This morning I woke up with a little yappy pup licking my cheek, and Luiz reenacting the sleeping position I was in when he came in, but that wasn't important... the important part was... BEACH TIME! (& we were already late on Baptista time) We got to the beach and lounged on our 'typical' spot... we are regulars you see. When my body was on fire, nice and sizzled, it was then time to get into the ocean... but, not fully. Lucia let us know that there were little baby jelly fish hanging out where I wanted to hang out, so.. I stayed by the shoreline. Sitting on rocks was first really unpleasant for the tush, but then nature made a perfectly shaped seat for each of us. Luey and I were sitting and skipping rocks, well okay, I was dunking the rocks... but eventually the colors and the shapes became really apparent in the rocks.

All those colors, all those designs, all those sizes eventually started to become a beautiful piece of Gods' creation. They were once big ole' mama bear rocks, then medium, then these guys that show up on the coast and eventually... they will become nothing but small, itsy pieces of sand. Weird, huh? But for now, they will became ART! Try that Picasso...

After la plage we headed back for lunch and this meal, ohhhh this meal, I had three huge skrimps (that's Texan-french for shrimp), the heads and little legs were attached and all. I'm starting to eat the whole sea life & to mourn... we napped. Then went shopping of course. Lucia and myself headed out on a French shopping extravaganza where I only found out that the French... they like bright and crazy designs with a little tight squeeze to the bod. Except, there were a few stores that I was able to find some gems in. After 3 hours of walking around on pebbled stone sidewalks and trying to decide which store to walk into with the word "soldes" plastered on the window, I eventually grew tired. Again.

When walking back into the apartment, the two boys were going at it on the Wii and quickly it was dinner time again. Which, you guessed it... délicieux fish! To end the day Luiz and I decided (without knowing of any sort of special event going on) to stroll the streets. We were welcomed with loud commotion of several bands and street performers as soon as we stepped out of the doors of the apartment complex. There were some emo rock kids trying to make it big, a strangely combined group of people making club remixes with instruments, and your average old man group playing charming songs. We were able to walk on the actual streets and enjoy this traditional friday festival.

Bisous!

No comments:

Post a Comment