Thursday, July 15, 2010

Poor Man's Air Conditioner

Well... well... well... if it isn't day 2 of feeling physically beat up. BOO! But, ya know what! My body will not be ruler of my day in Nice.. no way, not today. But, to make sure that didn't happen... we skipped out on our typical morning routine of soaking up the rays by replacing it with le Gilmore Girls. No complaints here. This throat of mine will shrink back down to its' normal size, not Jack in the Beanstalk size...

At 12:00 p.m. sharp, Luey and I headed to our rondevu with the rest of the clan where the meal was a meal that I knew I enjoyed.. a fresh tuna salad. Gimme. By this time, the sweat was drippin' down my back a little bit. It was way too hot of a morning. Laughter was present again while trying to convince Lucia that in Avatar there was a Pandora 2, and reenacting her previous nights dance that echoed what looked to be something of a seizure. After finishing my melted fruit sorbet that was in an oversized cup, we headed back to the apartment to cool off and click play on Gilmore Girls. Lazy, lazy sick (dumb illness) day.

While drifting off with episodes of the 'girls' mumbling behind me, we woke up ready for another adventurous journey to the squeezed alley ways and unique merchants of Nice. After walking for a mere 5 minutes, my body succumbed to the warm weather. After walking down what seemed like Diagon's alley (hint: HP), we fell onto the deck of a pirate candy store! It exists! There is pirate booty! I pulled out a sack and loaded it up with gummies of all sorts!

The alley didn't stop there, and we continued with stepping in and out of stores filled with miscellaneous trinkets. We passed by herb markets with sacks full of various spices, multiple styles of salt, and those fancy other seasonings, only one who knows how to cook, would know where to appropriately place them. The scents overwhelmed my nostrils and made my hairs curl. Homemade soaps, flowers galore, and other cutesy products were lined out on the streets for us to stop and smell and to gaze at with desire.


I wonder how one would go about making their own living off of crushed nature to form desirable products?

Continuing our walk around the street markets, the candy out of my (what seemed once bigger) sack was slowly beginning to dwindle. Yet, the place and the people and the things still seemed like a big French dream to me. Un reve... After galking at the baked sweets in the window, and the glazed fruit lined up perfectly... we headed back through the winding alleys and made our way to more handcrafted specialties and found an authentic coffee shop for a pick-me-up. Time was beginning to take a tole on my rubbed feet, and we decided to walk back along the sea shore. Luckily there was a boy holding my hand that was motivating me to get back to the resting place where I could pull up my feet.

The apartment obtained just what I needed: a couch. When I sat down, the day finally caught up with my physical state and there would be no more evening outings for this gal. Becoming delusional, we all sat around eating tuna and margarita pizza, turned on the movie Once and sang along and moved a couple episodes forward in GG's 7th season.


Je suis toujours fatiguée...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my girl. I get sadder every time I read this. BUT...it's the good sad! Dang, I miss you!

    I truly, truly cannot imagine your experience. And you have so much more to go!

    Rosalie and I are all set for her to bring her personal belongings tomorrow! She misses you, too!

    Please get better so dad won't worry. Even Jewish grandmother Jane is worrying!

    I love you millions x millions!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete