Monday, July 12, 2010

€€€


The way that I am being woken up every morning is becoming a surprise, due to this morning Luey came in with a croissant done up with strawberry jam and a glass of refreshing orange juice. Breakfast in bed my friends, petit déjeuner au lit... Then I 'accidentally' drifted back into my slumber for another oh, 40 minutes when he patiently came in and reminded me that they were waiting for us down at the beach. That is when I got up and jumped into my swimsuit and we headed down to our towel covered lounge chairs that were awaiting our arrival. Today's weather: warm and breezy. Today's weather on Lauren's skin: real warm. Bring on the sunscreen today! Lather me up, baby! The sun was starting to gently kiss my skin and leaving little brown spots to prove it, also known as freckles. Two of my favorite ones (above my lip) showed up and I greeted them and was reminded of last summer when they visited.

Jesus was good this morning. Jesus gives me all that is necessary.
Being reminded of His goodness this morning felt... well, good! 

After absorbing more sun we headed back to the apartment where Lucia had whipped us up a delicious meal of a special, marshmallow looking fish that was cooked with rice and a mushroom pasta. These meals are not for kids. After being worn out so quickly, we laid down and had the pleasurable opportunity to watch the French MTV... & what I took from this experience: the French love their techno. 

Shopping recurred again today, but with a mission in mind... le H&M! (Plus, maybe a handful of other stores.) It may or may not seem to you that we are always shopping... and well... you're correct, we are. We put on our special shopping pants and headed back out towards the streets. I learned today that there are sketchy allies full of little vendors, and that there is a 3 store chain of clothing that could be compared to Old Navy, Gap, & B.R. but a little more European and a little more trendy. There was also a mall, but I would've never have recognized it because of it being hidden behind a old, brick French looking exterior. This being said, we did damage today. The florals and the pastels are what grabbed me, and I held onto 'em.

After shopping, Luana and I ventured back to our saved beach chairs and read while the sun slowly went down behind the large buildings lining the shoreline. That is when I decided that tonight was another good night for a 30 minute run, which luckily ole' Luey joined in with me. With the day sweeping under our feet, we finally desired something to eat. (That was not supposed to rhyme.) We stopped at a little joint called La Pizza and dined on nothing other than... la pizza! This time of night being the prime time for all the little hoodlums to come out and do their acrobatic performances or some play their crazy instruments to entertain the streets. After eating half-a-moon sized pizza and a little bit of goat cheese, we all went over to the fancy gelato shop across the way and finished off the night with a thick and delicious dessert.

au revoir pour l'instant!

2 comments:

  1. And MY day was made complete by your telephone call! It made me sad and happy all at once. LOVE the freckles...and love you more! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a great time Lauren!!

    ((HUGS))
    Christy

    ReplyDelete