Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Jet Lag

Current time in Nice, France: 5:18 a.m.
Current Lauren Arther body time: 10:18 p.m.


After losing July 7th (I earnestly do not know where it went), we have arrived in Nice, France! 
Yet, to get here, there was a plane. This plane consisted of  8 hours to London from Texas, and once we took off, it was smooth sailing.. except... smooth flying. We arrive anxiously because our connection flight time and the amount of time we had to get to the flight was decreasing by the minute. So, arriving to London, you guessed it, we missed our connection flight by 2 minutes and that bumped us to the next available flight which happened to be 5 hours later. Oh bugger!


With all this spare time, I was able to become excited over little British kids running around with bananas and speaking in their cute tone, we were able to eat at this cute little cafe called "Eat." which allowed me to try 'British apple juice with raspberry' and eat green grapes, and of course my brain told me that everybody I met with an English accent was inevitably from Harry Potter. Oh Queen of England, the things your country does for me!


The in-between time we had between flights brought on a sudden drowsiness, and once we put our bags in the overhead compartments on our flight to Nice, Luiz and I only awoke when the flight attendant said "prepare for arrival." Which means... WE MADE IT TO FRANCE!
Bonjour, Bonjour! 


Hugs and kisses were infinite from the Baptista family and instantly I felt apart of the family of many cultures. We hoped in a cab and started whizzing down the small streets in the small car, and it became surreal that I was actually in France. Do you hear that? A Texas girl... in a fancy little french town. 


Everything looks fake. Everything looks more sophisticated. Everything looks... fresh. Which, from the fish that we had for dinner, I'm assuming fresh will be a constant adjective for this month long adventure. 


The apartment that we are staying at, conveniently looks over the Mediterranean sea, which conveniently I will be sitting in front of everyday. Reading books, people watching, snacking on baguettes, anything and everything that is French. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was quite a trip over! I'm glad you are there. Isn't it beautiful? Enjoy every moment. Think of me as you gaze at the ocean. Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete