Friday, July 23, 2010

Breezy Days

Well, this will be a double whammy because my sleep took the time I was going to spend on it last night. Let me start off with that, these two days have been nice and lazy hazy days.

June 22:
I woke up once again from the manfriend coming and laying down by me, and eventually we gathered ourselves to get up for the day. Waking up, Luana & I had wanted to attend the BodyAttack class at her gym, but the TLC shows captivated us way too much to move from the couch. We ended up sitting and enjoying the oceans view while whipping up a breakfast sensation from the previous food items we grabbed from the supermarket and the fresh produce market. It was nice just lounging around in our pajamas until the time came necessary when we had actual set plans. But, somehow I did manage to make myself participate in some work-out activity on my own while the others swam.

Around 2 o'clock, we met some of Luana's friends from YoungLife named, Krista and Adam, (plus their mom) to head out to this European super cheap store titled Primark. Let me tell you, that this place was a hit. But, to get ready for this extreme shopping that was about to take place, a coffee had to be purchased and consumed before stepping through the doors. After delighting in the sweet bean, I walked in with wide open eyes. There were so many floral prints, pastels, cool rain coats... purses... so much stuff, and all of it was unbelievably cheap. Signs for flip-flops were plastered with €3, or a tank top for €5, or maybe even a really cool, bright shade of aqua clutch for only €9. A dream come true I tell ya. I picked up one of the large "Primark" shopping bags, and went on a rampage. After the 2 hour time passed (I know...), I had narrowed my selections down to the only deemed necessary ones. But, that didn't mean that there weren't a bajillion other cool things I wanted to so badly buy to take back with me and call my own.


I left there with being satisfied with the things that I purchased... I left being amazed how inexpensive everything was... and I left already wanting to go back in. We went back home to the boys, who had been swimming and doing boys things all afternoon, and Luana created a masterpiece of a dinner.. FISH STICKS! So good. Fish everyday, all day people... So, we ate dinner and enjoyed the nice breeze that was coming in through the always opened doors, and then we loaded up the 5 seater car with 6 of us to head over to the movie theatre to see Inception! But, in Portugal they would call it... A Origem. We get there and awesome fact #1 about Portugal movie theaters: you can reserve seats and (not wait in line) and pay for the amount of people that actually show, so that is what we did. Rad fact #2: there is an option of popcorn... either salty or sweet. BAH! Why doesn't America run like that again?! So we all have told the movie lady what we want to munch on, and as Luiz finishes off his order, I turn around with my sweet popcorn, and of course, it bumps into the counter and flies everywhere. Only me would this happen to... Real smooth. So, I start apologizing in English, but duh, she doesn't understand but she simply smiles and says "It's no problem!"

Oh, thank you thank you lady who satisfies our candy cravings! We all then moved into the movie theatre, which fun fact #3: there is assigned seating there! Say what!? That way, silly couples don't try and take up 4 seats with their purses and what not... Brilliant. As the movie starts and we are getting to the good part crazy fact #4 happens: there is an intervalo! (Intermission!) 5 minutes to buy more candy or to go to the bathroom. Genius. I want it. Also, don't worry this movie was in English with Portuguese subtitles. Over all... we left the theatre wondering if it was a dream or reality...

June 23:
This mornings routine was similar to the other mornings, but instead my body was restless and the construction works make a rhythmic tune with their pounding hammers woke me up... Also, once again Luana and I had maybe decided that cycling class would be fun to go to... but, then we decided against it. The Ikea couch that had become a place to nest was once open to us sitting and being couch bums all morning and submitting to the silly TLC (or in Portugal... Travel & Living) shows that were airing. I by now am learning more about Jon & Kate Plus 8 and sick ink at LA Ink... Oh, vacation time.. what you do to me.

The food today was exceptionally random too. There were little crazy cow cheese's being eaten, a whole bag of salt & vinegar chips, and little sweet bananas. The food here is good. Everything here is pretty homey. Not that my home has a really beautiful view of the Atlantic ocean.. but, you get the point. As Luiz went to do man things with his cousin, Luana and I slowly gathered ourselves to come up with a list of things that would be nice to get done. Not a big deal if they didn't happen either.. I'm tellin' you people... lazy, hazy days..

Right as Luiz knocked on the door, dripping wet from the pool, we all headed out to the places on our list. First, we stepped into this really cool home furnishing place that their logo was centered around a giant cat. (You automatically know that, that place will be sweet) Second, we did some more investigation on Luana's television that was going to soon be purchased. Then having actual plans, we headed over to the main leaders of YoungLife's house.

Formally known as the Gammell's. Luiz worked with them after he had graduated high school, and currently Luana was officially going to be on full time staff pretty soon. When we pulled into their moutain side condo, we all made a decision as soon as the wind hit our face getting out of the vehicle... that today may not be the best day for a pool.. We waited for the them to get home from picking up their kids, Noah (3) and Isabel (1), we waited with style too.. Upon their arrival, we learned that the kids needed a quick mood pick-me-up which would come with their yogurt snack time. Which is when Noah proceeded on to wanting to play, but as he said "I want to play chase... naked!", and that is when he decided to take off all of his clothes. Boy oh boy...

We all just hung out, and played outside. The reoccurring characters that were being imagined from Noah's brian was the "garbage girl" and he was a 'pirate that didn't have to do anything all day.' We ran and ran and ran... while Noah created more adventures that included wings that made him fly and my black scarf became some sort of garbage disposal. Obviously.. duh. I forgot how easy going kids are when they're free to create whatever world they want. They can become anything, do anything, and I can only imagine that it all seems so real and vivid in their minds.

It was fun playing with them for a solid amount of time, and then it became time for dinner which everyone had definitely worked up an appetite for. Pizza was the food of choice, for the kids and the adults. So, we all sat around and ate pizza while the kids had to lay their heads, and we put on the game Scene It! This was won by the girls, but for the boys sake... they were close behind. (Also, it was 4 vs. 2) The fiesta didn't stop when the game was over... but eventually our brains couldn't compute any more movie quotes or box covers and we headed back to our place of rest.

Outro dia ventoso em Portugal passou ...

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful - lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer. One of my favorite songs.

    By the way...hate to break it to you! You ARE my kid...I would totally be the one that has done the popcorn thing not once, not twice, but three times. Count 'em...three times...that I can remember.

    I love you...I love seeing your beautiful smile...I miss you more than I ever have...and I am so happy to see you so in love and so happy!

    Always the most love to you princess!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete